Taco Soup Heaven

Photo Credit

The wonderful thing about taco soup is it goes together quickly and makes great leftovers.

Easy Taco Soup
2 15.5 ounce cans of corn
1 15.5 can ounce of pinto beans, rinsed
1 15.5 ounce can of black beans, rinsed
1 15.5 ounce can of tomatoes
2 16 ounce cans of V-8 juice or other tomato juice
2 tbsp chicken or beef bouillon
Taco seasoning to taste
1 pound of ground beef or 1 pint of bottled chicken breast

Add all of the cans contents to your soup pot. Don't drain the liquid off of anything but the beans. You can add a bit of water if you would like to. I opted to use the pint of bottled chicken breast meat. I buy chicken on sale, cube it and fill a pint bottle. Then I process it in the pressure canner. It makes for great quick dinners.
A tip for ground beef... I buy it by the family pack and drop the whole thing into my big spaghetti pot. I fry it until it is done and divide it up into 2 cup portions in zipper bags to freeze. (1 pound cooks down to 2 cups.)



Comments

Popular Posts