Cafe Rio Salad - Striving for the real thing


I decided to make Cafe Rio Salads for Mother's Day this year.  I am REALLY late posting this on Father's Day!  Happy Father's Day! 
First you start with a homemade flour tortilla.  I've made tortillas all of my life.  Mom learned to make them from an awesome Latin neighbor who was willing to teach her. 
Here is Maura's recipe. Maura did not measure things, so Mom measured what a them as Maura made them and then wrote everything down.

  See my other post for Tortillas.

Cafe Rio Chicken

Cafe Rio Ranch Salad Dressing-
2 cups prepared Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing (I like the packets)
1 small bunch cilantro, large stems removed (about 1/2 cup chopped cilantro)
2 large or 4 small tomatillos
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 T Lime Juice
1 tsp. Green Tabasco

Blend in blender until smooth.

I used Canned Caribbean Style Black Beans for speed even though beans are not hard to cook...  Then of Course you need a good Pico De Gallo and Guacamole.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Cafe-Rio-Cilantro-Lime-Rice-355078

Here is another set of recipes including Pico de Gallo.

Comments

Popular Posts