Summer Fun with Kids in the Kitchen - Kool-Aid Frosting

My only niece came to stay with me and when we were prowling around looking for something to cook we settled upon a Cherry Chip cake.  We looked through the cupboard and settled upon Cherry frosting.
We decided to share our easy Kool-Aid Frosting with you. We made a big batch.



Kool-Aid Frosting

2 pounds Powdered Sugar
1 cube butter or Margarine
1 packet of Cherry Kool-Aid

Dump the entire bag into the mixer.
Drop the room temp cube of butter or margarine into the bowl.
Begin mixing the frosting on a low speed. 
Add tiny bits of water as needed until the Frosting is a nice spreadable texture. 
Go very slow, patience.... You can always add more water, but can never take it away.


Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I've never seen this before. Very clever. I am sure my kids would love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have made buttercream frosting since I was a child, but it never occurred to me to stir in a packet of Koolaid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea other people already did this. I was rummaging through the pantry one day hoping for food coloring when I saw the koolaid. Necessity is the mother of invention.
    Wanna know why my food coloring was all gone? I used it all in bath water to get a reluctant toddler to bathe. :o) Red is a Lava bath and Green is a Hulk bath, but I avoid YELLOW. It worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I had no idea that you could do this with Koolaid. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts