I have been busy refilling my shelves this weekend. I am happy to say I am finished with chicken.
- Cube fresh raw chicken breasts and pack it tight without air spaces into clean half pint jars.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon plain salt to each jar (iodized can cause a fishy flavor)
- Apply lids and bands
- Process in a pressure canner at 15 pounds for 90 minutes as per your pressure canners directions.
- Allow pressure to come down naturally after processing. The jars will have a small amount of chicken broth in them produced by the chicken. Reducing the pressure too quickly can cause the broth to force out.
- Wash the jars after cool, label and store in a cool dry place out of the light.