Cranberry Bread - Great Neighbor Gifts for Christmas


















The Cranberries are coming! The Cranberries are coming!

Do you love Cranberry Bread? I do! Are you looking for ideas for Christmas? When you see the cranberries show up toss some in the freezer.

I still have my childhood copy of Cranberry Thanksgiving. Yes, I was a budding foodie clear back then. (A picky foodie, but a foodie none the less.)

Cranberry Bread

6 cups All-purpose Flour
3 cups Sugar
4 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Baking Soda
3/4 cup Butter, softened
3 Eggs
2 1/4 cups Orange Juice (I've used straight concentrate)
4 1/2 cups chopped Cranberries
(2 - 12 ounce bags)
4 1/2 cups Blonde Raisins (optional)

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and then orange juice. (I've used full strength concentrate for more orange flavor.) Combine all dry ingredients and sift together.
Add to wet and mix until moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Spoon into small loaf pans or 4 large loaf pans. (Fill pans about 1/2 full.)
Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes for large pans, or until a tooth pick comes out clean and bread springs back when touch tested.

Comments

  1. That sounds absolutely scrumptious! And a fantastic idea for Chistmas presents too. I think I'll be doing this.

    Thank you for the idea.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts