Friday, February 25, 2011

Pottery Barn Chunky Linen Ruffle Pillow Cover

 

One  night last weekend I decided I wanted to make another pillow cover while the kids were all watching a movie.  I sat and stared at the drop cloth scraps trying to decide what to make.  I tried Googling for ideas but could not find exactly what I was looking for.
I knew I had seen a pillow like this some place.  Duh....


Today I was looking at Pottery Barns website, (Did I mention I like Pottery Barn?)
 and there it was.  I did not make my ruffle strip long enough to be gathered.
So it is not gathered.  Gathering the corners would have been MUCH easier than the reverse box pleat that I used. 


My pillow opens like an envelope in the back.


It was an easy  project with minimal finishing.


I must say I am enjoying pulling my sewing machine out now and again. 
Now, one of these days I need to get crazy and get out an exacto knife and some freezer paper 
and make some stencils.


Pottery Barn Chunky Linen Ruffle Pillow

3 comments:

  1. That's really pretty! Dropcloths are so versatile!
    I hadn't even noticed that pillow in the new catalog, but now I totally want to make one.
    Thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the extra ruffley edges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Homebody. :) I love the way you showed the steps you took. I learn better when I can SEE how someone does something. Your pillow looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete