Patching Jeans - Use it Up Wear it Out, Make Do



One of my boys goes through the right knee on all of his jeans.  
So instead of tossing the jeans, I patch them.


First open the side seam.
If you are worried about fuzziness you can fold the denim over and top 
stitch the edge to prevent a little bit of fraying.  
I was not worried about it. 
Next, zig-zag the patch in place.


Finally, straight stitch the side seam closed catching the patch in the seam.
Then go back and zig-zag the edge to finish the seam.
(I still have not painted that little desk...)

Tadaa!  Not beautiful, but very functional.  

Comments

  1. Great idea! I have not ever been great at patching jeans so thanks for the step by step instructions! (When my kids wore out jeans, I usually just went to the thrift store and bought a new pair). I will try this technique next time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with boys? My oldest goes through the knees of his pants in record time! Maybe he'd be more careful if I threatened to sew patches on them (he's 13, so he'd think that was punishment, lol!).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts