Brown Sugar Pudding Cake


Brown Sugar Pudding Cake

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add the following to an oven safe sauce pan (metal handles) or a steel bowl-

1 cup Brown Sugar
2 1/2 cups Water
1tsp Butter

Place on stove and bring to a boil while combining the next mixture.

Combine in small bowl-
1/2 cup Brown Sugar 
1/2 cup Milk
3 tbsp Butter
1 cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder

Mix as you would muffins, take care not to over mix.
After the cake mixture is prepared and the sauce is boiling, remove the pan from the heat.
By spoonfuls, drop the cake mixture into the sauce.
Immediately put in the oven.
Bake 30 minutes.

Store the left overs in the refrigerator. 
The next day the sauce will be even better.  
(It will thicken.)

I hope you enjoy it!

Comments

  1. How did you know I had WAY too much brown sugar and needed something to do with it? They are already in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool Teresa! I hope you like it. This is one that has been passed down in my family. It feels sort of special to us in a simple sort of way.

    I hope you enjoy it. The leftover pudding in my fridge is calling to me...

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts