Lemon Bars


This morning I looked at the 5 lemons in my refrigerator.  I thought what shall I make with these?
I settled on Lemon Bars.
I made this recipe from Ina Garten on Food Network.


I used medium eggs instead of the called for extra large eggs.  I cracked and measured them into a cup on my scale.  I used this page as a reference to decide how much to use. 

I do not have a lemon zester, but I have a box grater with a fine side.  I used the juice zest from one lemon and saved the other lemons for later batches making up the cup of juice with bottled juice.

Had I chilled the lemon bars or even let them cool fully my cuts would have been more tidy, but who can wait?

When I made the crust I did not need all of the flour with my scoop and sweep method.  I watched her video and she does not fill her cup full and then sweep.  It is always helpful to me to see how a particular cook measures flour.  There is so much room for difference there.

I hope you enjoy these, we sure did!   

Comments

Popular Posts