Buying American Made - Is it possible?

My old frying pan needed to be replaced so I did an experiment of sorts.


I read a post on Face Book the other day.
The author of the post encouraged both looking for and purchasing items made in the USA.

I am trying harder to think about where the goods we buy are made.   
I admit I am guilty of hurrying through my shopping list, not stopping to look at where things are made much of the time. 

But, as I wandered the big box store last night I looked carefully to see where the pans I was looking at were made.  It was a bundle of pans.  A small thing right? 
China, Thailand, Vietnam, and then finally two different brands offered were made in the USA.

I realize that all people need employment all over the world.
But, I pledged while standing there to try harder to buy more goods made by people closer to home.   

Will I give up my trips to the dollar store?  Will I go on a fast from buying foreign goods?  No, but I will be more aware and try to do better by considering choosing locally made or American made when it is one of the choices offered. 



Comments

  1. Good thoughts and excellent idea about trying to buy American more. I have found that it can be a challenge and more expensive, but we do need to support our own. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts