Whole Wheat Pancakes - I am not a Lumber Jack's Daughter



Whole Wheat Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2  cup white flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Saaco Buttermilk powder
1 1/4 cups water
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp Canola Oil

Whisk the dry together in a medium bowl.
Then whisk the wet ingredients together in a small bowl or large measuring cup.  Combine the two mixtures and resist the the temptation to over mix this.  Combine this as you would muffins.  Fold the flour from the bottom of the bowl in and combine until you have small patches of dry ingredients in the batter.  Then stop.  Mixing pancakes and muffins is a time when less is more.  Unless you are a Lumber Jack at heart and must have flap jacks...  In that case stir away without any criticism from me.    

Do you sense a prejudice in me?  Okay, I admit it you have got me pegged.  I prefer pancakes with less gluten development.  I am after all not a Lumber Jack's daughter.

Comments

Popular Posts