German Pancake



As I peered into the cupboards tonight looking for something to fix for dinner my husband suggest this classic.
We used to have breakfast for dinner a lot.
I decided to bake it in my big cast 12 inch iron skillet.
This brings back childhood memories for me.
My mother used to bake this for breakfast and then cut it into pieces.
 Often times we would run for the bus with a piece in our hands.

The kids loved it.



German Pancake

9 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
(or Gluten Free Flour Blend)
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 tsp Salt
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp Butter

Blend all ingredients, except the butter in a blender or in a bowl with an immersion blender.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
If using cast iron go ahead and preheat the pan with the oven.
If using a glass 9x13 put the pan in after the oven is heated.
Just prior to baking add the butter to the hot pan.
Pour the mixture into the middle of the melted sizzling butter.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar or syrup and enjoy!

Comments

  1. This is always a favorite at our house. We call it "Monster Breakfast". :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts