Faux Petit Fours for Decorating - Foam and Spackle



  I am eating less sugar these days and these little sugar free Petit Fours 
fit right into that plan.
Creativity and no goodies to tempt me.

 
This frugal project started with a bit of Spackle and a dollar block of foam.
I cut the foam into 1 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch cubes.  Then I gave them a couple of coats of Spackle.

  
Let them dry well before sanding.

 
Getting better...
I rounded the upper corners to more closely mimic Fondant.

I painted them with acrylic paint, piped some Spackle mixed with a little bit of paint, and stuck pearls on top.  Then I sprayed them with 
semi-gloss Polycrylic.  
Be aware in areas where it is heaviest it has a tendency to be a little bit yellow.


Ta Da!

Update-  We had company over and they believed they were real!





Comments

  1. They look great but at my house someone would try to eat them. At least they are calorie free!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts