The Lighter Side of Halloween - Spiced Cider

 I prefer the "lighter side" of Halloween.  

I have never been a real Halloween girl, so a Happy Pumpkin seemed appropriate.
I love the harvest and all of the sights and smells that go with it,
but the commercial/spooky end of the season is just not my favorite thing.

I love family, friends and the smell of spiced cider on the stove.

I grew up on spiced cider and this one is the best!
credit

   Eileen's Special Spiced Cider

In a really good sized stock pot add the following:

4 cups Sugar
2 quarts water
2 sticks cinnamon

Boil 5 minutes

Next add the following tied up in a spice bag made of a couple of layers of cheese cloth and kitchen twine:

1 tsp Whole Allspice
1 tsp. Whole Cloves
1 tsp. Crystal Ginger

Soak in the above mixture off of the heat for 2 hours.

Next add:

4 quarts Apple Cider
2 quarts Orange Juice
Juice 4-6 Lemons (12-16 tbsp)

Warm and Enjoy!

Update-
Welcome to those who followed the link from Bloggernacle.


Comments

  1. Yum! I love warm cider, this sounds so yummmy...I wish I had some right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some of the comments I got on Face Book about this recipe.

    "That's awesome. It is delicious. I think the orange juice is the key."

    "This is a great Spiced Cider recipe. It is the same one I have used for more than 40 years."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom couldn't find her recipe today and was in a panic. I remebered youe post... she says to let you know she is very grateful. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so glad! I can't tell you how many times I run for the computer for the same reason. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts