Our Cute Sister Missionary Heads Off - My Favorite Brownies for a Crowd

It's been a while since I have posted.  
Life has been busy.  
Right after we sent off our second missionary for the 2012 Calendar year, 
I started working at a really awesome from scratch Bakery.

Our  Cute, but Frozen Missionary Daughter the day we dropped her off.
Two Missionaries in the same year.  It's enough to make your head whirl around.
Today one of my kids mentioned wanting brownies, so I broke out my trusty old Bosch.
Today I am sharing my favorite brownie recipe of all time.

First I creamed the sugar and the butter.

Then I poured the eggs in.

And then I blended the Black Beans with the stick blender.  

Freeze the remainder for the next batch.
(You could always add a tiny bit of applesauce to it to bring it up to a cup.)

Add the beans.
Mix it together for a few moments.

I measured the dry ingredients into a separate bowl.

Give it a stir.

Drop the dry ingredients in.

Scrape the bowl.

Butter the pan.

Pour into a half sheet pan and level the batter before baking.

You'll have to excuse the messy sides on my pan.
If these were for company I'd clean the pan up more.
(This recipe tries to climb out of the pan.)

I made some quick frosting and frosted these warm since the group was getting impatient.

Favorite Bean Brownies

1 cup Butter or Margarine
1 Cup Pureed Black Beans
4 Cups Sugar
8 Eggs
4 tsp Vanilla
3 Cups Flour
(Measure the flour by scooping it from the undisturbed container with the measuring cup, then sweep the surface off of the cup with a knife.)
2 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 Cups Cocoa

Cream Butter and Sugar.  Add Eggs, Pureed Beans and Vanilla and mix until combined.
Combine Cocoa, Salt and Flour in a small bowl.
Add the mixture to the mixer and mix until combined on low speed.
Butter the 1/2 sheet pan, add batter and level.
(This will not fit in a smaller pan.)
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until done.

Choose your favorite icing or try this.
(I'll warn you, it's pretty rich.)

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

1 package cream Cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 Pound Powdered Sugar
3/4 cup Saaco Cocoa
3 tbsp Milk

Combine with a hand mixer.






Comments

Popular Posts