We Doubt Not Our Mother's Knew It - Life Lessons and New baseboards in the Bathroom


This amazingly patient, wonderful guy let's anyone who is interested participate.
As I watch my husband teach our boys he sets a great example for me.
He let's them get in and do.


Now that two of our children have left the nest, I am seeing the fruits of teaching by example.
Our missionaries have written home telling of their adventures in cooking.
Before they left one of them was interested, the other was not.
Amazingly, both are cooking and doing a fine job of it.
So when you are trying to teach something and one of your children is rolling on the floor refusing to participate, take heart.
Children pick up so much from their parents example.
Next time you are teaching a family home evening lesson and you are sure nothing is getting through, keep going.  Keep trying.  
I am so thankful to be seeing some of the fruits of our labors with our older children.
Our blood, sweat, and tears are making a difference. 

Some day, this boy, and the one who did not want to help will have more confidence when they tackle a project.  They will say, My Dad did that."  I can too.

We are not perfect parents.

As we lead and teach our children are being blessed by our efforts.  
Mothers and Fathers are so important.
My examples here are household things, but they notice everything that we do.
They notice our mistakes, and they notice when we repent and do better.
They notice when they find us reading the scriptures and kneeling beside our beds.

Life will not be perfect.

Many of the mothers of the Stripling Warriors were alone raising their children.
Sometimes things don't go exactly how we would like them to.  
But, those mothers knew what was right, and in turn their boys became men that would make any mother proud.

48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it. 




Comments

  1. Great thoguhts! My kids love that scripture and I hope they always know that their mother knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they know Valerie. You are a great Mom! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts