Signaling the End of Summer

She is big, trust me this picture does not do her justice.
 I walked out to check the garden this morning and found this old girl. 
She was hiding under some big squash leaves.
She and a few of her tiny sisters are all that is left of the squash boom.
The rain and clouds are sending me a strong reminder that this summer season is nearly over.
Time goes so fast.
When life gets hard sometime it seems that time stands still, but little things like the passing of the seasons reminds me that it is moving along swiftly still.
I have always been known as a positive person. 
But, I have faced a few bumps over the last year that have made me have to work at it a little harder.
My season of life has changed and some trials have come along with it.

 
This season of my life has been about embracing change.
At first I kicked and screamed and then kicked and screamed some more.
But, I am getting better at embracing change.


I looked up.
I am enjoying the beautiful clouds that come with life.  I am enjoying the rain more. 
I am splashing in the puddles instead of being upset over my wet shoes.
Days pass. 
Birthdays come and go.
And with each passing year I feel so thankful to have made it through yet another.
My ever increasing desire is to enjoy the journey more and morn the changes less.


Comments

  1. Great, thought-provoking post. Thanks. Having some trials here too (aren't we all) and I am trying to let go and look up to God as well. I love Elder Wirthlin's quote - have it on a placque in my living room and am trying to embrace and live it. Have a wonderful weekend, and again, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I hope you have a great weekend too. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts